Ramsey L. Ogg
Mr. Ogg is a native and resident of Monroe, LA, and is the principal attorney in the firm’s Monroe office. He has been practicing law for almost thirty-two years. Before joining the firm, Mr. Ogg was a partner at Crawford & Ogg for four years, where his practice was comprised of general civil litigation, including commercial litigation and medical malpractice defense.
Prior to his tenure at Crawford & Ogg, Mr. Ogg worked approximately three and a half years for The Downs Law Firm assisting with personal injury litigation. Prior to this, Mr. Ogg worked for twenty two and a half years at Davenport, Files & Kelly, L.L.P., in the field of insurance defense.
His insurance defense practice involved primarily automobile liability defense, premise liability defense, insurance coverage issues and worker's compensation. Mr. Ogg’s practice was primarily focused in a seventeen parish area in Northeast and North Central Louisiana.
Mr. Ogg is currently admitted to practice in the U.S. Western District and the U.S. Fifth Circuit and all state courts in Louisiana.
Mr. Ogg is an active member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, currently serving in the House of Delegates as a representative from the Fourth Judicial District.
- Insurance Defense
- General Tort Defense
- Appellate Practice
Bar and Court Admissions
- Louisiana, 1983, all courts
- United States District Court for the Western District
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- The Mediation Institute (2013)Mediator training
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA (J.D. 1983)Moot Court Board
- University of Louisiana at Monroe (formerly Northeast Louisiana University) (B.A. Legal Studies, 1979)Summa cum laude Phi Kappa Phi
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association, member of House of Delegates for approximately 17 years
- Louisiana Supreme Court Committee on Bar Admissions, Assistant Examiner – Federal Jurisdiction & Procedure, 1990-2012
- Fourth Judicial District Bar Association, Secretary-Treasurer 1988-1991, President 1995
- Former member Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel and American Association of Justice
Honors, Awards and Civic Activities
- Active at College Place Baptist Church, deacon, Sunday School teacher, committees – budget, personnel, pastor search, nominating
- United Way, former fundraising coordinator for legal division of professional subcommittee
- Young Lawyers Section, Louisiana State Bar Association, “The Law and You” column
- River Oaks School, former school board member – Vice Chairman, Quarterback Club – Vice President then President, radio announcer for Mustang football