Raymond P. Augustin, Jr.
Raymond P. Augustin, Jr.
Rated AV, highest possible rating, by Martindale Hubbell
Mr. Augustin is a native of New Orleans and a resident of Harahan, Louisiana. Before joining the firm, Mr. Augustin was a partner at Deutsch, Kerrigan & Stiles, L.L.P., in New Orleans Louisiana, for four and one-half years, where his practice included commercial automobile liability defense, premise liability defense, worker’s compensation defense and Hurricane Isaac litigation defense.
Prior to his tenure at Deutsch, Kerrigan & Stiles, L.L.P., Mr. Augustin worked for 21 years as a managing attorney and trial attorney for the Nationwide Insurance Company Trial Division, based in Metairie, Louisiana. In that capacity Mr. Augustin represented Nationwide, its affiliate companies and their policyholders in a variety of cases throughout the State of Louisiana, including premises liability, commercial and personal automobile liability and workers' compensation defense. During his career at Nationwide, Mr. Augustin managed the Nationwide Trial Division office in New Orleans for 17 years, assisted in the opening of the Birmingham Trial Division office and managed the Nationwide Trial Division offices in Birmingham, Alabama, Atlanta, Georgia and Little Rock, Arkansas in addition to managing the New Orleans office.
Mr. Augustin is currently admitted to practice in the U.S. Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana.
Mr. Augustin is an active member of the Louisiana Bar Association, currently serving as Secretary of the Minority Involvement Section.
- Insurance Defense
- Bad Faith
- General Tort Defense
- Hurricane Litigation Defense
- Product Liability
- General Civil Litigation, personal injury and property
- Worker’s Compensation Defense
- Appellate Practice
Bar and Court Admissions
- Louisiana, 1980, all courts
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Loyola University, New Orleans, LA (J.D., 1980)
Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, member
- University of New Orleans (B.S. Business Administration, 1977)
Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society, Lifetime Member
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association, (previously served as Treasurer of the Minority Involvement Section, 2010-2011) has served as Secretary of the Minority Involvement Section since 2011.
- Jefferson Bar Association, member
- New Orleans Bar Association, member
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC), member
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), member
Honors, Awards and Civic Activities
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Active at St. Rita of Cascia Church in Harahan, Louisiana as a Lector, Minister of Holy Communion and as Coordinator the Parish RCIA program
- Served on Marriage, Family and Youth Focus Team for New Orleans Archdiocesan Synod
- Order of St. Louis Medallion from the Archdiocese of New Orleans, recipient
- Archdiocese of New Orleans Distinguished Graduate Award, recipient